Monday, April 02, 2012

Wishing I was more like Mary -- Daily Reading Thought

"Mary does something which only love can do. She took the most precious thing she had and spent it all on Jesus." (taken from rc.net Daily Reading and Meditation for April 2nd, 2012)

This line from my daily meditation reading, hit me today as I was reading it. Do I take the most precious things I have and give them all to Jesus? Not nearly as well as I wish. I certainly mean to and do try at times. But there are plenty of times that I am selfish with what I have. It's easy to justify that it's for my family, helping me with my job or a million other reasons, but the truth is Mary simplifies things in today's gospel reading. She doesn't think things through or ponder how everyone will perceive her actions. She just acts out of total love for Jesus. Hopefully I can become more like Mary and find my own way to spend all I have on Jesus.

No comments: