Friday, July 29, 2005

History of the Armadillo

Hello World,

Welcome to the "Remember the Armadillo" blog. Back in my first semester of college, some friends and I decided to form a flag football team and one guy had the idea of calling us the Armadillo Society. We were terribly overmatched in every game we played and only a couple of times the entire season did we even score. Other teams would laugh at us, then feel bad for us, but in the end they were laughing and joking along with us. Yes that's right, we actually managed to still enjoy the games despite getting our buts whipped continuously. To us the game was about more then the final outcome. It was about having a good time doing the best we could with the talent we had.

Ahh the spirit of the Armadillo...always optimistic and cheerful in the face of hopelessness and defeat. The team is long gone but what it stood for lives on. As this blog begins, this is the spirit I wish to embrace. Who knows where it will take us. Like life lets just enjoy the process.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Hey! Just found out about your blog. I saw the title was "Remember the Armadillo" and I thought to myself, "He's not making a reference to what I think he is... is he?" Then I actually looked at the page. Man, that is too funny. What a great memory! That's a really neat montage of signs/photos, too. I can't belive you still have some of those old signs. Thanks for bringing back some fun memories. Can't believe it's been over 7 years... Talk to you later. God bless. -JP

armadillo44 said...

Glad you found my blog JP and that you got a good chuckle out of it. Those were some good times indeed. I was a bit surprised myself that I still had the signs. They were on some old floppy disks that I was going through last year. Thanks for stopping by.