Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A couple in Love

Yesterday my wife and I celebrated Valentines by going out to eat at a local restaurant. It’s always fun going out to eat and the food was wonderful. Some people might not care much for Valentine’s Day, viewing it as a time when stores try to make a few extra bucks by selling flowers, candy and cards but for me it’s much more then that. It’s a day to celebrate the beauty of love.

While eating last night my wife pointed out a young couple sitting across the room. A smile came to my face as I noticed they were both sitting on the same side of the table with no one across from them. I remember how when my wife and I were dating we would always sit that way as well. Of course now we are married and sit across from each other like normal civilized people. I remember that we often got weird looks from people when they saw us sit down side by side but that never mattered. We both wanted to be sitting as close as possible to each other.

I suppose one may conclude that our love has dwindled now that we sit across from each other, but just the opposite is true. Our love has simply grown deeper and stronger over the years. Just when you think it can’t get any better it somehow does. And that’s something to celebrate.

No comments: