Monday, February 27, 2006

Third Day Concert

Being the oldest of eight children, it seems like my family is always celebrating someone’s birthday. A little over a year ago my wife and I decided that instead of getting everyone presents we would try to do something fun with them instead. So far we’ve been to Chucky Cheese, Disney on Ice, and quite a few movies. This weekend however, we tried something new as my wife and I took one of my teenage brother to his first rock concert.

The concert took place at the Target Center in Minneapolis and featured the Christian rock band
Third Day. It was great concert and without an empty seat in the building. I’ve been to a few concerts where all the songs sounded so similar that I couldn’t wait for the concert to be over. Third Day did a nice job of mixing up fast and slower songs though and the time flew by. The audience was comprised of variety of people from families and middle aged people to teenagers and young couples. My wife commented that it’s pretty cool to be in a place with so many people with similar beliefs singing together and praising God.

It was definitely a powerful show. I saw Third Day over ten years ago when they were just starting out and they have come a long way musically. What’s cool though is that you can just see how deep their faith is. I like all kinds of music, not just Christian songs, but what a witness it is to see someone using their talents to glorify God. We may not all be called to proclaim our faith in such a bold manor, but I do hope that my faith is reflected in the way I live my life.

No comments: