Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Pink Panther – Movie Review

Ever since they started showing previews for the new Pink Panther movie, I’ve been eagerly awaiting to see it. I’ve never seen the previous Pink Panther movies but Steve Martin just looked hilarious. As we got closer to it’s release date, I started to wonder if my high expectations may keep me from enjoying the show as much as if I were to go to it without thinking it would be good. Was I setting myself up for disappointment?

This weekend was the test as my wife and I made it a date. My fears were quickly put to rest as we were thoroughly entertained and laughed the whole way through. It’s one of those movies that after watching it you keep thinking back to funny lines and just the thought brings a smile to your face. That being said it’s not going to win any awards for movie of the year as it has very little substance to it. Their is a storyline that ties things together but the movie is more about the characters and humorous lines then a deep plot. In a way it’s humor kind of reminded me of watching the Simpsons. Sure it has a storyline but that’s not why you watch it. If you are looking for some good slapstick comedy Pink Panther is the perfect show.

No comments: