Tuesday, April 08, 2008

MLB.TV Customer Service Email: Is this a joke?

I know I've been complaining about MLB.TV a lot lately but it seems worth noting that there has been plenty to complain about. As one further example, just today I received an email response to a message I sent to customer service on April 2. I had received two auto response email previous to this one saying that they were experiencing a huge volume of emails and that someone would be emailing me as soon as possible. Here is what person wrote today in the email I received:
Recently you requested personal
assistance from our on-line support center.
Below is a summary of your
request and our response. If this issue is not
resolved to your
satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days. Thank
you for
allowing us to be of service to you.

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response
(Anisa Hoxha) - 04/08/2008 09:27 AM
Dear Fan:

Thank you for sending
your email. We appreciate your feedback.

Please call the toll-free
customer service hotline at 1-866-800-1275 in
order to improve your
experience. Thank you again for taking the time to write!

Sincerely,

Customer Response
TeamMLB.com


Wow, it took them 6 days to have a person respond with that? All they really did was refer me onto call support and then pretended they solved the problem. How crazy is that? They couldn't even personalize it with my name. Obviously this was just as canned of a response as the initial auto-response emails that I received but at least they didn't pretend to solve my issue. What I think is most appalling is that they closed my ticket and marked my problem "solved" in there support status site. I'm sure this makes there customer support look artificially better as they can now include me in the statistics of resolved cases. The whole thing is a joke. Of course I did resolve my problem (little thanks to them) and would just soon not have to deal with them anymore so I'm just going to let it go now. Don't let them fool you thogh if you see any statistics of resolved cases making MLB.TV customer service look good. Numbers can lie.

No comments: