Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The New Me

So we begin a new year. Though I’m not real big on making New Year’s resolutions, this year I’ve decided to make a conscious effort to become a more optimistic person. In general I just want to look at the positives rather then dwell on the negatives when given the choice. I’m sure that 2006 will have it’s share of mistakes and difficulties but hopefully, with the right mindset, I can keep focused on the good. Life is too short to dwell on the bad and worry about what can’t be controlled. Now the old me would probably say, “Great idea but what are the chances of actually sticking to this for an entire year?” But the new me says, “What a great opportunity for me to focus on improving my attitude.” I like the new me better (and I think my wife will too).

No comments: