Tuesday, January 10, 2006

“How’s it going?”

This morning I came into work and greeted my coworkers just like any other day.

“Morning Bonnie! How’s it going?” I asked.

She immediately burst out laughing and told me that she knew that that was exactly what I would say. She added that if I ever wanted to give her a heart attack all I would have to do would be to use a different expression when I greeted her in the morning. I guess I’m becoming quite predictable. We had a good laugh and I joked that maybe that would be a good epitaph for my tombstone.

The funny thing is that we do fall into normal routines whether they be good or bad without even realizing it. It makes me wonder what else I routinely do or say subconsciously. As much as we like to be our own person and do things that are out of the ordinary, our minds seem to like the consistency of patterns and routine. Maybe I understand less about “how it’s going” with myself then with the people around me.

No comments: