Thursday, November 03, 2005

The advice I give myself

I had one of my favorite dreams the other night. It was a dream in which I was able to fly. It’s a wonderful feeling to be soaring in the sky. I suppose it can be likened to swimming in the air. It makes me feel like I haven’t got a worry in the world. I suppose I started flying in my dreams when I was a child, probably due to being obsessed with Superman and all of the Superpowers heroes. It’s not something I dream about a lot but when I do it always gives me such a feeling of peace. I actually recall more about this particular dream though then just my fun time in the sky. My wife was with me and we stopped at this little stone hut. Upon entering we were told (by whom I’m not sure) that a wise old man lived there and he soon greeted us. I asked him if he had any advise for us and he in turn asked what about.

“I don’t know,” I told him. “I was hoping you could tell me.”

He looked at me and said, “Keep your marriage centered on Christ and his Church. And don't try to get ahead in the world, but just enjoy where you are at.”


After that we thanked him and flew off once again into the sky. I awoke shortly after this and was puzzled at how profound my subconscious had been in my sleep. Of course it’s important to plan for the future, but I think I too easily forget to just live in the present moment and enjoy the beauty of life. I might not be able to actually fly like Superman, but I can let go of my worries that hold me down and experience peace with where I’m at. Easier said then done, but I’m sure going to try.

No comments: