Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Saltwater Shower

Gotta mention something funny that to happened to me this morning. My wife thinks I'm going crazy but I tell you my shower water tasted like salt. Now like my wife you are probably wondering why I was tasting the shower water in the first place but I often rinse my mouth with water in the shower for whatever reason and this morning it tasted extremely salty. I turned it off when I noticed this and jumped out to check the sink faucet in our vanity and that water tasted fine (both hot and cold) so I tried the shower again and sure enough I still was bathing in salt water. I tried to determine if it was the hot or cold water and while I didn't turn it to just hot, I did try the cold and it still tasted like the ocean. At this point I decided to just get through my shower and figured afterwards I could always sprinkle a little pepper on my head and call it a day. By the time I rinsed my hair however the salty taste was gone. "Maybe the saltwater came from the ocean" my wife said with a smile. My guess is that it has something to do with our water softener which last I checked actually needed more salt added. Hopefully it's nothing serious and I won't be tasting salt water in my shower again anytime soon.

No comments: