Wednesday, November 21, 2007

iPod trouble

I’ve had my iPod for close to a couple years now and have rarely had any problems with it. Got a little worried the other day however, when I went to play a song on my way to work and found that all my playlists and songs were gone. It was as if everything had been erased. The first thing I thought of was that I had just updated my iPod software before leaving for work so that must have had something to do with it. When I plugged it back into my computer I was relieved to see that it still showed all of my playlists and songs on my iPod in iTunes so everything was still physically there, it just wasn’t recognizing it without the computer. After doing a little reading on the web, most suggestions seemed to recommend updating my iTunes as well as my iPod. This seemed like a simplistic fix but I figured I’d try to update my iTunes and what do you know. That took care of the problem. Still not sure why having a slightly outdated iTunes messed up my iPod to that extent (you would think they would keep things backward compatible at least a version or two) but all’s well that ends well. I’m just glad I don’t have to recreate all my playlists again.

No comments: