Wednesday, April 05, 2006

01:02:0304/05/06

Today at two minutes and three seconds after one, the time and date will be 01:02:0304/05/06. In case you’re wondering, that won’t happen any time soon (like try a hundred years). Of course I don’t expect anything that exciting to happen at that moment. I’ll be sitting at my desk working I’m sure (or reading about how the Twins lost their season opener last night). What I find interesting about this is that I, as well as others...find it interesting. The fact is that our minds like patterns and order and will go out of our way to find something like this even if it really doesn’t mean anything. As a graphic designer I use this principal every day by incorporating patterns and similarities into my work to make it more engaging to people viewing it. I guess we just want things to make sense. When we can find meaning in the world around us, it helps us find meaning in our lives. So let’s enjoy that unique moment today, but let’s not forget that every moment in our lives is just as special.

No comments: