Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Life Ticks On

Someone mentioned to me the other day that they had heard of a watch device that functions as a timer counting down the average amount of time a person your age has left to live. They commented that it would be so depressing to actually have such a device and see the seconds ticking away. In a way I suppose it is a somewhat somber idea but to me it sounds like a good reminder that our bodies aren’t going to last forever and each moment is a precious gift. Now I’m not going to go out and purchase such a watch but it did make me think twice about how I’m spending my time. Let’s not fool ourselves into thinking we have an unlimited amount of time. This isn’t a bad thing, but simply a fact of life. It’s what we do with the time that we have that counts.

No comments: