Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Derailed – Movie Review

Last week my wife and I had a day off and decided to take in a matinee. My wife has gotten into listening to mystery/suspense books on tape while commuting to work and thought that Derailed sounded like a similar type of story. As with the last movie I reviewed I didn’t have any expectations going into it and really hadn’t even seen a trailer. My mind was an open slate taking it all in. As it started out it didn’t seem like it was going to be all that great as it seemed to borrow the plot of a married man who is not feeling connected with his wife and ends up having an affair. I was pleasantly surprised though as the story unfolded. There were multiple twists to the plot and overall it was a well put together film. Even Jennifer Aniston, who I’ve never really thought was that great of an actress, did an excellent job with her role. I would caution people that the film contains some very mature content and I definitely wouldn’t take a child to it. All in all though I found it to be thought provoking and entertaining.

No comments: